Thursday, April 17, 2008

Ode to Long Duty


Last week my climbing partner and long time friend Dan Gregory moved to California to pursue a better career. I am happy and sad at the same time. Happy because for the last few years Dan has been taken advantage of by his old employer, who happens to be my old employer. So I sympathize. In many ways he was my mentor in the arts of dental technology and many of the techniques I use I owe to him. He taught me when others shirked their responsibilities.
But I am also sad. We had many exciting experiences ( see near death on little Mac)in the mountains and his drive to climb always led the way and inspired me to push onto new heights.
Thanks Dan for your friendship, I hope you soon get tired of those 14 thousand footers in Cali and feel the need for Idaho fresh air.

No comments: